Subject: Ynt: [amos-list] Clarification, Amiga & Y2K
From: "Arda Oncu" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 05:36:08 +0300

From: "Arda Oncu" <[email-masked]>

>From: Rod Whiteley <[email-masked]>

>Oh, and btw, I do need to have accurate date and time every day, I use my
>amiga here at work for all our accounting/billing procedures (a proggy I
>wrote in AmosPro), and it would be a pain in the arse to have to re-enter
>date and time every time I start up. Unfortunately, it's sounding like
that's
>what I'll have to do
>Cheers,
>Rod

It would be a problem if you were not an amos programmer.. if you have y2k
problem with your battery backed up clock, then here is an idea:
set your clock eg. 01.01.1980 and save it.when amos reads clock from system,
add 20 years to date within your accounting program and it will be
"01.01.2000", you can write a date modifying sub routine also, to correct
day names.

note:
if you can understand something from my bad english, you can fix y2k problem
also :))

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Congratulations to MICHELLE UNSER 
This weekï¿½s FRIENDS&FAMILY WINNER! 
To enter go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html